Slow Cooker Lamb Chops Recipe

crockpot easy lamb chops Day 5.
We are housebound due to the crazy storm outside.
It's so cold and stormy we had to resort to making a real fire in the real fireplace with a real Duraflame.







But, no worries. We have frostbitten lambchops at our disposal. This is my favorite way to use my slow cooker. I find a piece of forgotten, pretty much unedible meat and plop it in to cook all day long with either some bottled sauce, or with a spice rub. Since lamb is flavorful all on it's own, I used a bottle of spice rub purchased over the summer for barbequing. 

if you don't have a spice rub, use this:
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:


Coat all sides of the chops with seasoning rub and place into the bottom of a stoneware insert that has 1 tablespoon of olive oil smeared around.

Add a 1/2 cup of water, close it up, and push the low button.

Sing Baa Baa Black Sheep (optional).

That's it! I plugged it in at 7:20am, and cooked the meat until 5pm, flipping once at about 1:30.

I served it with some leftover stir-fried rice and drizzled the broth from the crock over the top.

The lamb was tender and very flavorful. The kids each had 2 bites before requesting Macaroni and Cheese---which means it was a very successful meal.

other tasty lamb dishes:
Lamb Vindaloo
leg of lamb
lamb, olive, and onion tagine
smoky spiced lamb chops

Do you love this article?

Please share it with your friends!


Posted by: Stephanie O'Dea | A Year of Slow Cooking at January 05, 2008

Sign up for the A Year of Slow Cooking newsletter and get the Top Ten Reader Favorite Recipes sent directly to your inbox!

What they say about this article

  1. "Sing Baa Baa Black Sheep (optional)."

    Bwahahahaha! You and I have the same, sick sense of humor. It's so nice to not be lonely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm new to your blog and loving it so far - I just got a crockpot and can't wait to use it!

    My question for this one is... Is your cook time specifically for frozen lamb chops? If so - Do you have an idea of how much less time for thawed or unfrozen?

    Thanks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/07/2011

    Thanks for the recipe!!!
    I still have that song stuck in my head!!
    I'll sing it to my husband when he get's home and while we're eating!!!
    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'know, I was about to think something snarky along the lines of, "Little Sister and I were never allowed to request a special dish, different from what Mom had decided was Dinner, and as a result, we'll now be polite about trying any kind of new food, and like a lot of things," . . . and then I re-read the recipe. Garlic AND black pepper AND red pepper really would be too much! This time the kids have my sympathy!
    Altho the CrockPot does give about the best results for any tough meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lamb is good but next time Cook Iowa lamb, I can send you some!

    ReplyDelete