New York Times best-selling author, slow cooking expert, mom of three
  • Follow me
  • Subscribe to newsletter
  • Follow me on Pinterest
  • Follow me on Twitter
  • Become a fan on Facebook
  • Follow me on Google Plus

A Year of Slow Cooking

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Slow Cooker Super Bowl Food


The Super Bowl lends itself to slow cooker food.  No matter if you're cooking at home, or bringing a potluck item to share to a party --- this list has got you covered.




Sandwiches. They make everyone happy, can be eaten easily on your lap, and these recipes can feed a good 12 people or so. I use gluten free hoagie rolls (Udi's makes some, as does Against The Grain).

Italian Beef Sandwiches
Peperoncini Beef Sandwiches
Barbecued Pulled Pork
French Dip
Philly Cheesesteak
Loose Meat
Beef and Bean
Portobello Mushroom (for the veggies!)





Dips. No, not your cousin Howard.  I'm talking cheesey, gooey, hot, drip-down-your-face dips. The more, the better!

Taco Dip
Not-too-spicy Bean Dip
Sausage, Cream Cheese, and Rotel (mommy crack)
Super Duper Garlic Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Crab Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip


 
Meatballs and Little Smokies Hotdogs. These are party staples!
 
Meatballs in Peanut Curry Sauce
Apple, Cheddar, and Turkey Meatballs
Turkey Meatballs in Cranberry BBQ Sauce
Not Your Mother's Meatballs
2 Little Smokies Recipes (grape jelly & chili sauce and big barbecue)
Barbecue Beans and Weenies






and then there is CHILI.
we've made a lot of chili these past 5 years!

21 Ingredient Chili
Pizza Chili
Enchilada Chili
Meat Lover's (low carb) Chili
Traditional Chili
White Chili
 Sweet Potato Chili
Clean Out the Pantry Chili
Black Eyed Pea Chili

and just in case this isn't enough ---- here are the absolute favorite potluck recipes



Have a wonderful Super Bowl Sunday!












8 comments:

Marti said...

Those all look yummy. I'm going to try the hoagies. Thanks!

Cookbook Lady said...

Thanks for the line up! I hate football, but I love football food! I've got your Taco Dip and Little Smokies on my menu! I never knew little smokies were gluten free! I'm so excited! Also....what ketchup is safe to use? I used to always just buy the generic store brand but now I've avoided it since we're new to GF and I'm not sure...

Cocktail Lady said...

You've got everyone's bases covered for Super Bowl! Great line up!

magpiestitcher said...

Actually, I consider my CrockPot to BE my "super bowl." Well, it and my MIL's big stainless-steel mixing bowl, which I use for bread.
We don't have a TV and the last football game I watched was 32 years ago (college dorm mate was interested in one of the players, and wanted protective cover when she showed up at practice), but I do like the meat ball recipes! I'm thinking meatballs andbaked potatoes for the next cold weekend.

Alisa said...

Go 49ers! And yum :)

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

I wonder just who you are rooting for?! LOL. I have mixed feelings, but also think I am leaning toward the 49'ers. Go Superbowl!

Jamie said...

Loved bringing out the crock pot for dips for super bowl in year's past. Unfortunately didn't break it out this year. Those dishes look great =)

Laura said...

I gave up shopping for Lent (sniff sniff) but I'm definitely going to buy that lid after Easter!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will try my hardest to answer questions as they come up, but if your question gets buried, you may try me on twitter or facebook.

Due to a CRAZY amount of spam, anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Please use one of the free account services listed.

Happy Slow Cooking!

 
You are using Internet Explorer 6 which is unable to render this web site properly or display the drop-down elements in the main menu. Please upgrade your browser to the latest version of Internet Explorer or try installing Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead.