8 Perfect Rib Recipes for the Slow Cooker

Slow Cooker ribs are moist, juicy, and fall-off-the-bone tender! These recipes are fool proof!

Cooking ribs in the crockpot slow cooker just couldn't be easier.

I love it how the meat literally falls from the bone.

To achieve a smoky flavor, you can even add a tiny touch of liquid smoke to your sauce.

Here are 8 different ways to cook ribs in the crockpot.

I always prefer cooking on a low temperature for a long period of time if I have the choice.

All of the following rib recipes were slow cooked to perfection in the very best appliance known to man. (and three side dishes, just in case!)



 Smoky Home-Style Ribs




Hawaiian Ribs



Orange Chipotle Ribs



 
Greek-Spiced Ribs



Original Barbecue Beef Ribs



Red Ribs



Lemon Pepper Ribs



Korean Ribs



Garlic Baked Potatoes



Corn on the Cob



Baked Sweet Potatoes with Chili, Cumin, and Lime



ENJOY!!!




Cooking ribs in the crockpot slow cooker ensures flavorful moist meat that literally falls from the bone. Make lots of ribs the easy way! This post has 8 different recipes.



Do you love this article?

Please share it with your friends!


Posted by: Stephanie O'Dea | A Year of Slow Cooking at June 17, 2022

Sign up for the A Year of Slow Cooking newsletter and get the Top Ten Reader Favorite Recipes sent directly to your inbox!

What they say about this article

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those ribs look absolutely fabulous...I am drooling over them and almost licked the computer screen! (joking!)
    Can't wait to try the recipe. Wait, I have to get a slow cooker first! Just had to write to tell you how much I enjoy viewing your picts. and trying out the recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stephanie, these recipes all look delicious. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had crockpot ribs last night! To me it was a cheating recipe - layers of bottled bbq sauce, chopped onion, lemon slices and ribs - stacked high. They were so tender it was a challenge getting them out of the crock in tact ... and keeping myself from going back for 3rds.

    I will definitely try some of these recipes the next time I make them. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote a post about some of the spice mixtures I've used from your books. Thank you!

    http://deweystreehouse.blogspot.ca/2012/05/making-it-from-scratch-stephanies-spice.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! These all sound delish. Can't wait to try some! (The Korean, Greek and Hawaiian ribs in particular!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/22/2012

    yum! that baked potato looks amazing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i tried Red Ribs at home as rice are my favourite for any dish. and you believe its was really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pulled some ribs down to thaw for cooking tomorrow. I looked at this site to get some ideas. And right there on the front page.... talk about your creepy timing! Good, but creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Stephanie. Today I Received my crockpot slow cooker. I live in the US now for 6 yrs am from holland.
    So this slow cooking thing is all new to me. After googling recipes, I bumped into your blog. Thanks for making this blog it will help me getting a pro w my slow cooker !!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ribs all look & sound delish! Totally off topic: quite a while back I made the Pepperocini Beef Roast, and LOVED it myself -- although the family was somewhat underwhelmed (heathens! Philistines!)-- but had a lot left over. I'd like to make it again, but only if I can come up with a good idea for using up the leftover roast, such as a casserole (but I'm SouthBeaching, so carbs must be minimal). Not being much of a cook, I'm stumped at what to use for the gravy/sauce that wouldn't just whimper & die next to all that vinegary peppery-ness of the meat juices. Got any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had crockpot ribs last night! To me it was a cheating recipe - layers of bottled bbq sauce, chopped onion, lemon slices and ribs - stacked high. They were so tender it was a challenge getting them out of the crock in tact ... and keeping myself from going back for 3rds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought my first slow cooker last week and I am addicted as are my family! I am scouring the net for recipes and this looks absolutely yummy so its definitely going on my list for next week. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made the Korean ribs for dinner yesterday, and they were a big hit! My fiance is a picky eater, and even he loved them! I used baby back ribs instead of beef, and also added a few teaspoons of chili/garlic paste....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made your Lemon Pepper ribs a few weeks back. Wow- it was so delicious and completely unlike any other ribs we'd had before. I used pork, and the lemon really helped cut the fat more than say a traditional BBQ sauce would.

    I was really excited to be able to cook ribs in the slow cooker- and have them turn out so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How do you get the ribs to come out looking so browned? Also I find the BBQ sauce gets really thin after cooking in the crockpot. What I am doing wrong my food does not look like your photos (still tastes ok though).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jan,

    Unless I've specifically said so, I throw my meat in unbrowned and sometimes even frozen solid. If you cook the ribs long enough in the pot for them to practically fall from the bone, the pot itself will brown the meat just fine.
    As for the sauce, yes, having the condensation drip back in will create a thinner sauce. You can thicken it naturally by taking the lid off and cooking on high for the last 30-45 min, or you can reduce the sauce on the stovetop in a small sauce pan.
    You can also add a slurry of 1tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of cold water to thicken the sauce.

    I hope this helps some!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for the reply I wanted to also ask you if you use the crock pot liner bags or not?

    ReplyDelete