A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving



Be thankful for your crockpots this year. 


It sounds peculiar, and maybe even a bit stupid, but if you stop to really think about it, your crockpots are providing a gift.

 The gift of time.


Thanksgiving slow cooker ebook. Click for details.



Thanks to this simple machine you have more time in your day to do the things you really want to do: garden, read, play, tickle, sleep, write, create, and spend time with your family.

life is good.

traditional stuffing


cornbread stuffing



candied sweet potatoes



homemade cranberry sauce



amazing mashed potatoes



sweet and sour caramelized onions



perfect turkey breast


creamed corn

 
spinach artichoke dip



crustless pumpkin pie


 



and just in case...


how to company clean in 30 minutes or less




have a wonderful Holiday! We're hosting again this year, and I'm looking forward to having all of our family in one place instead of making the rounds. 

As an added bonus, my birthday falls on Thanksgiving--pumpkin pie as birthday cake! yum. 



gobble ~ gobble ~ gobble

BONUS: don't throw away the bones!! Save the bones and carcass to make either:



or





Thanksgiving should be about spending time with your family. Put your slow cookers to work so you can get out of the kitchen and on with your celebrating!



if you'd like your own copy of all of these recipes AND EVEN MORE --


no more guessing. I tell you to HEY, GO SET THE TABLE three days ahead of the Big Day, and when to make the cranberry sauce and thaw the turkey.

Stop Over-Thinking -- It's all laid out for you!!
:-)


[ps: like everything on the site, the recipes are naturally gluten free. If you aren't gluten free, that's okay-- but if you're cooking for a gluten free guest you AGAIN don't have to think because I told you what to do. :-)   #yourewelcome! ]




Do you love this article?

Please share it with your friends!


Posted by: Stephanie O'Dea | A Year of Slow Cooking at October 29, 2023

Sign up for the A Year of Slow Cooking newsletter and get the Top Ten Reader Favorite Recipes sent directly to your inbox!

What they say about this article

  1. The crustless pumpkin pie looks yummy ... but the link is uncooperative. The church Thanksgiving dinner is Saturday, so it's planning time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! thanks, Carolyn for the head's up. I'll fix it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all looking super, but I'm really drooling over those onions....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I LOVE my crockpot, I'd be pretty lost without it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be using my crock pot for spiked mulled cider!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness I would like a steaming bowl of those mashed potates right now-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made the Lentil/Sausage Stew today...I'll let you know what our verdict is. Thanks for your awesome blog. I hope you will share my new blog and adventure with your readers. http://crazyclutterlady.blogspot.com/. Thanks AMY

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right-they are giving us the gift of time and that is priceless to us busy moms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well have a happy birthday! :) Next year, Thanksgiving falls on mine.

    I truly am thankful for my crock pot. It saves me so much time...when I plan ahead!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie, I don't comment much, but I want you to know: I'm thankful for you, and by extension, this site. There are few gifts better than TIME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these look amazing!! I’m bookmarking this for Thanksgiving. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a question. If I make the dressing the night before, will I need to cook it longer than two hours because it's starting out refrigerated?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kelli,
    No, I don't think you'll need to worry about the timing. I would, though, keep the bread separate from everything else so it doesn't get overly soggy overnight in the fridge.
    I usually toast the bread, cube it, and put in ziplocks, then do the same with the veggies in separate ziplocks. In the morning I combine with the spices and broth.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Stephanie! I love your site, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so true. A crock pot is an amazing and helpful thing. I love cooking roasts in mine. They taste and smell so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! I have 5 (yes 5) crockpots and I was sitting here feeling badly about the fact that I am doing all the Thanksgiving cooking myself this year when I decided I needed to have a crockpot thanksgiving and here it is. Thanks so much. I know this was posted 3 years ago but I hope it is still working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will again rely on Stephanie’s Thanksgiving recipes to treat my family and friends to a delicious dinner that stays hot from the first bite to the last! Thanks to these recipes, I no longer have panic attacks when preparing a big meal for a group.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the recipes look fantastic, but I've got to figure out how to totally downsize them as I lost my wonderful husband several months ago. Quite frankly, Turkey Day doesn't look so great, but I have to make the effort for me. So, I'll try some of the recipes but definitely make them smaller. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, so true. A crock pot is an amazing and helpful thing. I love cooking roasts in mine. They taste and smell so much better!

    ReplyDelete