Holiday Punch CrockPot Recipe (non-alcoholic)


how to make non alcoholic holiday punch in the crockpot slow cooker



Day 352.

This is the easiest hot drink I've ever made, and the kids liked it the most. Tristen, who is going through finals right now (good luck, Tristen!), found it in the Taste of Home magazine.

The Ingredients.

4 cups cranberry juice
4 cups pineapple juice
1/3 cup hot tamales or red hots candy

1 cinnamon stick

that's it!

The Directions.


This serves 6. Combine juices in your crockpot, and add hot tamales or red hots. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 4-5. 


Stir. 

The candy will pretty much dissolve, leaving just a hint of cinnamony-flavor.

Ladle into mugs, garnishing with an extra cinnamon stick if desired.


Fun & Festive holiday punch recipe for the crockpot slow cooker that has no alcohol whatsoever. Enjoy!
 

The Verdict.


My kids loved this. 

They each drank 2 mug-fulls after school, and another after dinner. 

I really liked it a lot, too, and had 2 mug-fulls while watching Oprah. 

Adam only got a taste; he should have come home earlier!

more fun beverages:

wassail
peppermint hot chocolate/peppermint mocha
pumpkin spice lattes
mulled wine
chai tea lattes
gingerbread latte

Do you love this article?

Please share it with your friends!


Posted by: Stephanie O'Dea | A Year of Slow Cooking at December 17, 2008

Sign up for the A Year of Slow Cooking newsletter and get the Top Ten Reader Favorite Recipes sent directly to your inbox!

What they say about this article

  1. Anonymous12/17/2008

    Sounds delish.
    Poor Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM . . . I'm going to make this today! We're taking the kids on the "Polar Express" tonight (Holiday train ride). This will be perfect for the travel mugs. Thanx for the good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, that sounds really good. I'll have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious! Thanks for another great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/17/2008

    Dear Crockpot Lady,

    Question for you...I have a recipe for Cinnamon Pecan Pull-Aparts that uses Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls. Have you ever made something like this in your crockpot. Do you think it would work? Any tips or tricks would be awesome

    Also, recently I saw someone put a piece of aluminum foil across the top of the crockpot and then set their lid on top of the foil. What does this accomplish?

    Thanks for all your help and food inspiration!

    April

    P.S. There are 4 of us who check your website almost daily and will be super sad when 2008 is over. What are your plans for the new year blogging-wise?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi April! Are the pecan pull-aparts similar to monkey bread? I haven't made that in the crockpot, but imagine they would work. I'd spray the crock (or butter it) with cooking spray, and put it in, leaving the lid propped open with a chopstick or wooden spoon. I think it will take a while to cook, depending on how full the crock is---maybe check after 3 hours on high? The dough will be done when a toothpick comes out clean.

    I'm going on vacation in Jan, and will probably post once a week or so here, and I'll have a new blog representing the Totally Together Journal. I'm not sure when I'll get that up and running.

    xoxo
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds great! i love to make mulled wine at Christmas and of course the poor kiddies can't have any. so this will be great to make for them! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12/17/2008

    Some of the older crockpots have a "lip" on the inside of the lid. This lip forces the liquids back down into the crockpot. With some of the newer crockpots the lid doesn't fit tightly - there is a lot of steam and liquid that escape out the edges of the lid, allowing your food to dry out more than intended. That is why people would use aluminum foil in addition to their lid. Or - they broke the original lid and the one they are using almost fits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great option that I've done during the holidays is hot cider and red hots in the crockpot. Not only does it smell great (apples and cinnamon), but takes amazing. Two ingredients...what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to be sooo sorry when we reach Day 365... I discovered your blog not long ago.... made the Moroccan Lentil Soup..... oh my, it is now a family favorite. And tastes better and better several days later. Am making it again for my Christmas office pot luck. Thanks for all the recipes.... Best regards from Anchorage, Alaska!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12/17/2008

    Oh that's so easy...I like easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yum... I wanna try this now! I bet it makes your house smell Christmasy :-)

    BTW thanks for sharing all of these fabulous recipes! I felt like such a rock star when you posted a comment on my blog. (Yep I know I'm pitiful) LOL

    I also gave you an award :-)
    http://floridaclothesline.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-won-award-one-of-my-favorite-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terri, I want to thank you for answering that part of April's question. It slipped away from me, and you answered exactly how I would have.

    thank you!
    xoxo
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12/17/2008

    Steph
    Found you a few weeks ago and you have started a crockpotting revolution at my house. Thanks for all the great ideas, recipes, and new uses.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have got to try my recipe for crock pot fudge. It's on my blog, I guess you can get to it from here. I couldn't find an email for you sorry angie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can anyone think of a substitute for the red hots that might make this work? I am allergic to the red food coloring in them so it makes life a bit hard since Red dye is in absolutely everything good it seems. Is there an extract maybe that might work? I can't think of any non-red cinnamon candies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Deb,

    leave them out. I think they just add a bit of "extra red"--you can certainly put a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg in there for some added zing.
    xox
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  18. my mom, one year, made a juice + red hots crockpot drink--I begged her to get me the recipe, but she never did & now she doesn't remember where she got it. I'm pretty sure hers involved a lot of apple juice, but I'm more than happy to try this one. sounds wonderful! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous12/17/2008

    Any ideas for how to make Swedish glogg - a tradition holiday beverage - in the crockpot?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous12/17/2008

    What could I substitute for the pineapple juice? I am allergic.

    This sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  21. Deb,
    I make homemade cinnamon candy and use oil of cinnamon. You can find it at pharmacies ad sometimes candy making sections of craft stores Lorann oils is one brand. It would only take a few drops...I use 2-3 tsp in a very large batch of candy. HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Susan,
    what about lemonade? You'd still get the bit of tartness pineapple juice delivers.
    xox
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi - I was going to tell you that I make this with apple juice/cider and red hots, but someone already did. Actually I have some going right now!

    What are you going to do when your year is up???

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum! Too bad I didn't have this earlier tonight for the scout party. Oh well, I took mulled cider-in the crock pot!!!

    I've missed you lately! Can you believe that you have such little time left?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous12/20/2008

    My favorite holiday punch is equal parts orange juice, cranberry juice and (if you prefer a punch that is not as sweet) grapefruit juice or (if you like it sweet) apple juice. Throw in 3 or 4 orange spice tea bags and run the crock pot on high for a couple of hours to let spices mull through the juice. It's not bright red but it sure is yummy with Namaste Spice Cake. I've done this wassil for years at work in my crock pot because it's easy to set up and leave for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I copied this recipe from the magazine and I was the only one in my family that liked it! Isn't that weird!? I didnt mind though; I drank it in the morning and in the evening til it was all gone!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous12/22/2008

    Thanks for the suggestion of lemonade, thats what I used and it was great. Anyone on weight watchers use light cranberry, light lemonade and the red hots and it comes out to 1 pt per yummy cup.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous12/30/2008

    Yum! This was so good. Who'd have thunk it?

    So simple, yet absolutely wonderful for a cold night. Kids loved it, I loved it--heck, even great grandma loved it.

    Thanks Steph!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't care much for cranberry juice. Has anyone substituted fruit punch juice instead?
    I think this looks amazing though!!

    ReplyDelete