Little Dipper CrockPot Chocolate Fondue


Make family fondue nights a new tradition! It is a fun and easy way to make lasting memories for everyone in the family!


Chocolate Fondue in the crockpot little dipper is a fun and easy way to entertain company or just for a fun family night at home. Make lasting family memories with this easy chocolate dip!




Day 298.

It's Friday Fondue Fun Day! You can not not have fun while dipping stuff in chocolate. If you don't have fun dipping stuff in chocolate there is something wrong with you.

Go seek help.

I'll wait.

I needed a basic chocolate fondue recipe that was tried-and-true and perfect.

This is it.

This is perfect, and it's easy, and it's delicious, and if you plopped me into a vat of this I would swim around and really REALLY enjoy myself.

The Ingredients.

These are the ingredients you need to make an easy crockpot fondue at home
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark, milk, or white. Your choice.)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon REAL vanilla

optional:
you can doctor this up with:

1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
1 tablespoon rum
1 tablespoon Peppermint Schnapps
1 tablespoon Bailey's Irish Cream
1 teaspoon peppermint, orange, coconut, etc. extract
healthy pinch of espresso powder

The Directions.

The proportions here fit into a Little Dipper. 

Although the booklet that comes with the Little Dipper says that it only holds 1 cup of contents, I successfully proved this wrong with my earth-shattering discovery that a whole can of Progresso Clam Chowder fits perfectly.

If you do not have a Little Dipper (psst. the holidays are coming...) you can put an oven-safe dish inside of a larger crockpot. (pyrex, corningware, etc)

Do not add water. 

There's no need to create a water bath for melting chocolate in the crockpot. It melts nice and slow.

Or! you can quintuple the recipe and have a good ol' time.

Put chocolate chips in the crockpot

Add the heavy cream and teaspoon of vanilla. 

Cover. 

Plug in and cook on low (or the ON setting for the LD) for about an hour. Stir.

Serve with apple chunks, banana slices, cubes of pound cake, strawberries, or marshmallows. 

Or all of them and invite me over.


The Verdict.

Simple and easy and wonderful and amazing.

The kids liked the marshmallows the best, surprise, surprise.

Fondue Friday is becoming a favorite in our house (even though I really do it on Thursday, but whatever. The things I do for you people...) :-D


Chocolate fondue recipe for the crockpot Little Dipper. Use heavy cream, a bit of vanilla and melt together with chocolate to make a rich velvety fondue that the entire family will drool over!

Do you love this article?

Please share it with your friends!


Posted by: Stephanie O'Dea | A Year of Slow Cooking at October 24, 2008

Sign up for the A Year of Slow Cooking newsletter and get the Top Ten Reader Favorite Recipes sent directly to your inbox!

What they say about this article

  1. Anonymous10/24/2008

    you have so much fun in your house! I would like to be your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo gonna get me a little dipper! I love your recipes and you have inspired "CrockPot Tuesdays" at our house. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/24/2008

    I love this. I make my fondue in the micro (Heat the whipping creme, add chocolate and vanilla, blend until melted) and dip angel food cake in it. Yum. I might have to do it in the crock pot from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you go wrong with this? That's great!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might need to ask santa for one of those little guys. I still have just a fondue pot that has a tea light candle under it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/24/2008

    Um Steph... you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone just linked me to your blog, and I couldn't believe that you had a Little Dipper recipe today! I got one of those free with my crockpot when I bought it and have never used the little thing. I may have to try this one for the holidays. You should add a tag for Little Dipper recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not much of a chocolate lover but I'm thinking Caramel fondue wouldn't be half bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your blog (I look forward to it everyday). You always make me laugh :).
    "Or! you can quintuple the recipe and have a good ol' time."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to find a little dipper today! I think Fondue Friday sounds like a great idea, especially when melted chocolate and marshmallows are involved :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so yummy. What a fun way to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks fantastic - I love dipping foods in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10/24/2008

    1 tablespoon of Amaretto or Framboise work well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10/24/2008

    1 tablespoon of Amaretto or Framboise works well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Question: I'm not aware of there being 'heavy' cream around here, but the stores do carry whipping cream. Is it the same thing? Or would I get coffee cream?

    A friend of mine ran out of chocolate chips for her fondue, and tried aero chocolate bars instead. We had a lot of fun! The kids broke them up into pieces and had a great time watching them melt. I think they melted a little faster with all the bubbles inside them, but it tasted good, too!

    The smallest slow cooker I have is a 1.5 Q, so I think I'll go out and get a lilttle dipper, too!

    Thanks for the inspiration! It's always fun to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10/24/2008

    i love marshmallows and fondue, too. my favorite dipping food is an OREO!! Oreos rock and that's the end of that! haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. i would think that a little dipper would fit nicely on a desk at work. :-) Just think of that afternoon dipping snack!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have long been concerned that you need more testers for these recipes. Surely your family needs time off now and then.

    Call me.

    No, really.

    PLEASE call me!!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. yum yum yummity yum yums

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your blog and I'm so in love! Can't wait to try your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous10/24/2008

    I came searching your site last night for a crockpot chocolate fondue. Imagine my surprise when I realized you had not done that yet for Friday Fondue! I borrowed my mom's little dipper and plan on making the pumpkin dip and was going to make the chocolate on the stove....I guess I will have to quintuple it for a regular small crock ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous10/24/2008

    After using Madagascar Bourbon Finest Vanilla, I can't go back to the "store brand" vanilla. Try it, you will be hooked. It makes cookies, cakes, fondue etc especially yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I cannot believe you do not have a crockpot chili recipe!!! Or do you and I can't find it?? It's that time of year you know, so maybe you should do one for me (preferably with ground turkey instead of beef)?!? :-D

    You rock by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just found your blog today and really love it! Now if you just had printable recipes! I'm going to have writers cramp!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Danielle,
    here is a basic chili recipe and here is a clean out the pantry version.

    texasgrandma, save your wrist!
    highlight the text you like, then hit the print selection button on your print menu.

    xox
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmmm..no response to my volunteering...sigh. ;)

    BTW, The Kitchn was looking for crock ideas yesterday, and I mentioned your blog in my comment there, Steph. Not smart enough to link, but I expect folks can find it by name.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous10/24/2008

    hi steph. i feel pretty strongly about and only eat chocolate with at least a 70% cocoa content. would this work just as well? also, if im freaked out about the fat content of heavy cream are there any other decent substitutions for that? (other than not eating fondue, lol). Do you know if the chocolate sets up well after something is dipped in it? just curious if i could dip a bunch of apples and then just store in the fridge for when a craving arrives. thank you!!!

    p.s. i've been making quinoa in the crock a lot lately thanks to u and im so happy to have had ur guidance with that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You inspired me to go out and get a Little Dipper this afternoon! I'll be making the chocolate fondue for dessert tonight...thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  29. YUMMY!! I enjoyed a girls' night fondue with my 8 year old tonight. So simple... so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hereby pronounce that you can NEVA EVA EVA take this blog down from the www.

    I mean it.

    {drooling}

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE chocolate so I am all over this one! I am also excited to try the yogurt. Thanks for some great ideas, again :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. My favorite fondue combo...white chocolate with amaretto. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I totally love your blog!! I am going to get a little dipper, no doubt after looking at this fondue. :0) Can't wait to taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous10/25/2008

    I love this blog!! Steph, you're my new hero!!

    I'm going to make this in couple weeks for a church woman's retreat for 25 women... any thoughts on how much I should make... other than A LOT!? We'll have other stuff as well, but this will clearly be the highlight!

    Thanks for the help!
    Michele :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous10/25/2008

    You have been tagged. I think your blog is great. I also think the crockpot sellers should give you a paycheck b/c you have made people use the crockpot again for more foods then they ever thought possible.

    www.savingmoney101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous10/25/2008

    I tested the Little Dipper. Half full of water, after one hour it was 160 F degrees. - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  37. In lieu of vanilla, I love to add orange extract to my chocolate fondue. :) Since orange is a bit stronger, you might want to cut the amount a bit, but it gives it this wonderful chocolate orange flavor--YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous10/26/2008

    I made this for a baby shower today. It was a total hit and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hiya. If you are going to use real vanilla, save the rest of the pod and store it in a marmaladejar of sugar. then use the vanilla flavored sugar instead of the vanilla extract. We don't use vanilla extract here in Denmark much, but we do use vanilla sugar.
    Btw. I am hoping one of your readers can tell me an online store willing to ship one of these babies to Denmark. No crockpots or slowcookers on the market here. Got a 2 quart generic slowcooker, but would really like a programmable one.

    Tania (Denmark)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I may have missed this, as I am new to your blog, but what size family do your typical recipes accomadate? Or are they all different? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous10/29/2009

    Made this tonight. I didn't have heavy cream, so I subbed evaporated milk. Turned out great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous9/05/2010

    Thank you! Made this last night for a 13th Birthday slumber party - quadrupled in a 4 qt Crockpot (using 4 bags of milk chocolate chips) and served with cut-up fruit (main course was hard/soft shell tacos). Last night, when cleaning up at midnight, the Crock was too hot to dump out the 1/4 fondue left so I left it to cool on the stove. Somewhere between midnight and 6:00 am, the ten teenagers sleeping over licked the pot clean with Mini Vanilla Wafer and Graham Crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Yum - I can get sugar-free chocolate chips at the Bulk Food store (diabetic) and use them. Hurray - fabulous with fruit. This will be my dessert next time I have company.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  44. Rebecca11/13/2010

    Just made this for a 10 year old sleepover b-day party tonight! HUGE hit! Had a few crocks going with different flavors.....choc, white choc., PB & chocolate. Easier than baking & frosting a cake! Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm doing this today! My dippers are : Marshmallows, pretzels, apples, oranges, bacon, graham crackers and potato chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. This turned out AWESOME! I was a little nervous, making it for the first time for some ladies and gals from church but never fear, it was silky-smooth and delicious. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  47. You inspired me to go out and get a Little Dipper this afternoon! I'll be making the chocolate fondue for dessert tonight...thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Anonymous11/22/2023

    That's awesome. I have a little dipper crock pot that came with the big Crock-Pot as a set from Costco and I've never used it. I was trying to figure out how I could do chocolate fondue for a Christmas party and this is the perfect solution and now I actually get to use that tiny little Crock-Pot. Thanks

    ReplyDelete