Dessert


It doesn't get any better than this.

Sometimes I'm asked why I'd bother to make dessert in the crockpot. Wouldn't it be faster if I just baked the cake, or cooked the pudding on the stovetop?

Why yes, yes it would! :-)

I like to make dessert in the slow cooker because that way I can put it on while we are eating dinner, entertaining company, and just enjoying ourselves so it can cook slowly and be hot and ready when WE are.

Also, the smell of some sort of apple something or other while slow cooked is pretty much the best smell in the world. :-)

All recipes are completely gluten-free. If you are not gluten-free, simply ignore my notes, or file them away in case you ever need to cook for someone with a gluten sensitivity.


Sometimes I'm asked why I'd bother to make dessert in the crockpot. Wouldn't it be faster if I just baked the cake, or cooked the pudding on the stovetop? Why yes, yes it would! :-) I like to make dessert in the slow cooker because that way I can put it on while we are eating dinner, entertaining company, and just enjoying ourselves so it can cook slowly and be hot and ready when WE are.


    1. 5 Layer Brownies
    2. Apple Dumplings
    3. Banana Pudding
    4. Bananas Foster
    5. Blueberry Buckle
    6. Brandy Spiced Peaches
    7. Bread Pudding Recipe
    8. Brownie In A Mug
    9. Caramel Apples
    10. Cheesecake Recipe
    11. Cherries Jubilee
    12. Chocolate Almond Tapioca Pudding
    13. Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Apples
    14. Chocolate Frito Candy
    15. Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake
    16. Chocolate Mousse
    17. Chocolate Pot de Creme (with ganache!)  
    18. Coconut Cake
    19. Crème Brulee
    20. CrockPot Chocolate Fondue
    21. Dulce de Leche
    22. Fudge (yum.)
    23. Honey Cake
    24. Key Lime Pie
    25. Oreo Cheesecake
    26. Peach Compote
    27. Peanut (Not Brittle) Candy
    28. Peanut Butter Brownies
    29. Peanut Butter Cup Cake
    30. Pie
    31. Pound Cake
    32. Pumpkin Cheesecake
    33. Pumpkin Pie Dip
    34. Pumpkin Pudding (crustless pumpkin pie)
    35. Red Wine Poached Pears
    36. Rice Krispies Treats
    37. Rice Pudding
    38. Rocky Road Candy
    39. Stuffed and Baked Apples
    40. Sugared Cinnamon Almonds
    41. Tapioca Pudding

      Do you love this article?

      Please share it with your friends!


      Posted by: Stephanie O'Dea | A Year of Slow Cooking at December 07, 2016
      Labels:

      Sign up for the A Year of Slow Cooking newsletter and get the Top Ten Reader Favorite Recipes sent directly to your inbox!

      What they say about this article

      1. Hi
        Found your recipes via Pinterest (crockpot desserts) - thanks for all your hard work and ingenuity that helps make our lives soooo much easier:) Can't wait to try them.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Anonymous6/11/2016

        Hi there! Found you on Pinterest. And your recipe is just as I remember my mom"s tapioca pudding, I only used 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 and a half and... Perfection!!!! Thank you soooo much. And it's so nice that you don't have to worry about the tapioca stiking to the pot. My family and I loved it!

        ReplyDelete