CrockPot Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe



Day 293.

Skip the coffee house today and make pumpkin spice lattes at home.

This recipe really does taste like the real thing----even though it doesn't leave a fluorescent orange stain when you dribble it down your sweater.

updated 11/23: I just learned that the coffee house Pumpkin Spice Lattes are not gluten free. Yet another reason to make them at home!


The Ingredients.

each batch is for 2 people. If you are making a bunch for a full house, you're going to need to do some math!

  • 2 cups milk (I used 1%) (yes, dairy free is OK!)
  • 2 tablespoons pure canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla (not a typo. I really do mean tablespoons)
  • 1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
  • garnish with whipped cream (optional)
  • spices: 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice OR: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger

Homemade, gluten free, pumpkin spice latte without funky chemicals or aftertaste.

The Directions.

This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. 

I used a 4-quart crockpot, but as small as a 1.5 quart will work with these amounts.

Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crockpot. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.

Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon. I added a cinnamon stick to be fancy.

(if I rinse it off, can I re-use it? It seems wasteful to toss.)


Low Calorie Crockpot Slow Cooker Recipes

Low Calorie Crockpot Slow Cooker Recipes

30 Dinner Ideas with 300 or less calories per serving
Get the cookbook!


The Verdict.

Adam and I really enjoyed these. We had them for breakfast yesterday, and the kids were jealous.

It would be fun to put this out for the adults at a Halloween party, holiday gift-wrapping party, or to serve guests while you're waiting for the turkey to cook.

I'm thinking of making some pumpkin cookies with the leftover canned pumpkin.

PS: If Pumpkin Spice Latte isn't your thing, that's ok! Here are all the OTHER COFFEE House recipes you can make with your trusty crockpot slow cooker! :-)

Fun and easy way to get your Pumpkin Spice Latte fix without any weird chemicals!



Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Yield: 2
Author: Stephanie O'Dea AYearofSlowCooking.com
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 2 HourTotal time: 2 H & 15 M
homemade gluten free pumpkin spice latte in the crockpot slow cooker

Ingredients

  • 2 cups milk (I used 1%) (yes, dairy free is OK!)
  • 2 tablespoons pure canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla
  • 1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed
  • coffeegarnish with whipped cream (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice OR: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger

Instructions

  1. Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crockpot. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.
  2. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.
  3. Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon. I added a cinnamon stick to be fancy.


Do you love this article?

Please share it with your friends!


Posted by: Stephanie O'Dea | A Year of Slow Cooking at October 19, 2008

Sign up for the A Year of Slow Cooking newsletter and get the Top Ten Reader Favorite Recipes sent directly to your inbox!

What they say about this article

  1. Help! My work is having a crock pot cook-off and I've never crocked! Any entry suggestions for a novice crocker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/19/2008

    Sounds Yummy! And sooo much cheeper than t he coffee house! My son who is 6 LOVES coffee and this will be a wonderful treat for him. Thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beryl! The recipes linked in this post are great for new crockpotters. To feed a crowd,I'd recommend taco soup or the white chili. Have fun---it sounds like a neat event.
    xoxo
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which size pot did you use for this?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmmmm...I'm trying not to drool on my keyboard. Sounds SO good, I will have to try it. Your picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading your blog for a while now and I LOVE it! I've tried several recipes and they've all turned out fabulous. Pumpkin spice lattes are my absolute favorite things about fall! After discovering them at the coffeehouse I've been making them at home, and this recipe seems like a great way to serve them to all my friends. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this sounds awesome and I'm sure alot cheaper than Starbucks! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Thank you Thank you. I love the Pumpkin Latte at starbucks but it is extremely expensive.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10/19/2008

    Yum! I'll try these and I would love to see what you do with the leftover pumpkin filling

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

    http://www.5dollardinners.com/2008/09/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html

    These are to die for! Highly recommend using your leftover pumpkin to make these!

    Can't wait to serve this latte to my Thanksgiving guests! I'm not a big coffee fan, but I just might have to try this!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll try this today..sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10/19/2008

    please please show me a pic and tell me what u do with the leftover filling. im dying to know. i dont even care if it has nothing to do with the crockpot i just love your ingenuity!

    p.s. if i didnt want to wait 2 hours could i just warm it up in a saucepan on medium?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10/19/2008

    What size crock pot did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used a 4-quart (I just updated the post, too, thanks for pointing it out)---but any size 1.5 quarts and up would work with these amounts. If you are going to serve a crowd, opt for a bigger size.

    xox
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! I hope to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks awesome, I'll have to make some for my mommy's group tomorrow.

    But what I really wanted to say is how much I look forward to your posts every day. I totally heart your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10/19/2008

    You are a genius!! I am so addicted to these things, but our closest Starbucks is 45 minutes away. This is fabulous, can't wait to try it!!

    -Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds delish! I am hosting a Pumpkin Carving party next weekend, and this will be a perfect addition! Question though - the vanilla. Is it cooking vanilla (the brown stuff)or vanilla syrup like you'd buy at Starbucks?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10/19/2008

    You're making me want to have THanksgiving at my house! Not really, did that last year, but I so want to show off this and the pumpkin dip/fondue. THanks for spicing up my repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds great for after we go on our fall hike next weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Re: the cinnamon stick, I think you could wash and reuse, although I do it with my mulled cider recipe and yours was in a milk based drink. Hmmm. I usually rinse it off in the sink and then keep it in the fridge until the next use- I can get three or four uses out of it until it starts to fall apart. Clever, or just REALLY REALLY cheap? You decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like you blog. I just made your Korean Ribs recipe the other day and it was really good. Tomorrow I am going to try buffalo chicken lasagna. I am loving my crock pot. Thanks for all of your good ideas.

    I don't drink coffee at all so I wanted to try and make this but use Pero (like Postum)instead of the coffee. Do you think that may work? It's dark and has rich flavor. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO, I wonder if you could use Hot Chocolate instead of coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds fabu!

    ReplyDelete
  25. When do you add the pumpkin? Maybe I missed that part...it's already been a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh this is doubled and already in my crockpot :) My hubby thinks I'm crazy, but I told him the baby made me do it lol Can't wait to drink it!! I didn't read the 2 hours part till halfway through puttin it together haha Was hoping for instant gratification ;)
    Love the site, the buffalo wing soup was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog site. I have a feature on Mondays called "Three Sites To See". This Monday your blog is one of my featured sites!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous10/19/2008

    will you marry me?
    Seriously, I am addicted to SB's but spending the 5 bucks every time makes me nauseous!
    I have leftover pumpkin in my freezer right now from my pumpkin muffins! Gonna make me some pumpkin latte tomorrow!!!
    WE LOVE YOU STEPH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous10/19/2008

    I love your blog, subscribe, and read it everyday. Except I skipped yesterday and just read that your kids snack on beans!!! How do you prepare them?? My kids run screaming for the hills if I try to feed them beans.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I only have a six quart crockpot. Is that ok? I just found your blog and I am LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A woman after my own heart! I am definitely going to try this one.
    I've been lurking for awhile now, and have been using your recipes, but never commented before.
    I'm going to miss your posts when the year is up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous ... anything pumpkin and I'm in. I just snagged a pumpkin pie martini recipe last week off another favorite blog of mine (www.noblepig.com). I've baked my second pumpkin in a week and so far have made crustless pumpkin pie and several batches of pumpkin bars (both recipes GF). How about giving us a recipe for gingerbread latte next week? ;-) I'll add to the chorus ... you are very much appreciated, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes, you can reuse the cinnamon sticks. You can drink use them like a straw. I can't wait to try this one! I LOVE pumpkin spice lattes but I hate how much they cost! Thank you sooooo very much for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oooh. I'm going to try this one ASAP! It dawned on me that the year is getting close to being over...and then you might stop posting recipes! What will I do then?!? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  35. that sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Steph

    I've changed the blog address and since you were sweet enough to link you need to know it.
    here

    ReplyDelete
  37. num num num... I was just thinking that I needed to whip up my gingerbread coffee syrup tomorrow but I might do this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh. My. Goodness. Thank you! I love me some SB and I can't WAIT to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Stephanie, just wanted you to know that I made your brie with apricots and walnuts tonight for friends.......oh my word, I did NOT want to share it!!! I was wishing that I had made much more because it was delicious!!!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Stephanie. I've been stalking your blog for some time now and enjoy it thoroughly. I've gotta share this conversation that took place between my mom and I today (so sorry for the length):

    In the crock pot a pork tenderloin is roasting away. Sitting on the counter by the crockpot is the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte that I copied down from your blog today. (I'm sipping on it right now and it is delish!) So here is how the conversation went:

    Me: Let's get some pumpkin at the store after Wade wakes up so we can make the coffee recipe.

    Mom: Yes, sounds good, that would be a good excuse to go to Target.

    Me: (motioning towards the recipe on the counter) You know, I bet you could just make that in the coffee pot to save time.

    Note: remember the recipe is sitting right by the crock pot.

    Mom: (spinning around at the speed of light to face Roberta) What!?! In the coffee pot?

    Me: Yah, in the coffee pot. You just need to heat it up.

    Mom: Gee, I didn't think you could do that. (Pausing with extremely puzzled look across her face) You mean cook the pork tenderloin in the coffee pot?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous10/19/2008

    Thank you thank you! Here in Australia I can't find these at my starbucks, so I'll have to try to make my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, this looks and sounds fabulous. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are so creative! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Anonymous10/19/2008

    Oh, my goodness I can't wait to try this one. I already plan to take it to our fall party and for Thanksgiving, my mom and sister will love it. Thanks for the great site.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Anonymous10/19/2008

    YOU are SO the woman and I fall at your feet. How do you get all these great recipes to work in a crock pot? And the latte? I can hardly wait to try that! Thanks for loving us!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous10/20/2008

    I'm going to have to look for pumpkin where I live before I use my one can... but if I can find it, or ship it in... this baby's gonna be in my crockpot!
    I think Stephanie should continue and make this her New Year's resolution for next year, too... you had such great success this year, might as well continue!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous10/20/2008

    This sounds great! I can't have sugar, so they pumpkin spice lattes that are all over coffee houses this time of year are off limits and buying a bottle of sugar free pumpkin spice flavored syrup over the internet is a bit wasteful for one person. I am looking forward to making this with splenda and using the leftovers for some pumpkin muffins. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Anonymous10/20/2008

    These would be so yummy with the pumpkin pecan waffles I make! (just add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and vanilla to your waffle mix, top with pecans can cook! sooo easy and soooo good!)

    ReplyDelete
  49. We made these last night..doubled the recipe added a little more pumpkin and used decaf coffee (in case the kiddo wanted some). The hubby and I loved it. The kid is a little weirded out by warm drinks... that just left more for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. OMG! OMG! OMG!

    I just checked my blog and you commented on it! WOW! I feel like big time now!!!

    You just totally made my day!

    I think I have got to try this recipe!

    Also- no one has talked about it yet (that I know it). Linens n Things is going out of business! The one in our town is in the same strip mall as my store and I am stocking a 4 qt. crockpot till it is on major sale!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This sounds so yummy can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Sounds yummy, except I am not a coffee person. What about hot chocolate? Not quite sure how that would taste??

    ReplyDelete
  53. My husband and I made this last night with decaf coffee. It was very good and so easy. I am planning to make a larger batch for my Thanksgiving meal. I did have a couple questions though. The milk formed a skin on top after cooking. Is that normal and do you just remove it before serving? Also my spices kind of settled at the bottom of the mugs while we were drinking. Those last couple of sips were a little crunchy. Did you also find this?

    ReplyDelete
  54. This sounds sooooo nummy! A new tradition maybe? A special treat creating a family memory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Anonymous10/20/2008

    pumpkin LATTES!!!!! you are a brilliant brilliant woman!!! this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  56. We are having a Halloween party next weekend and I can't wait to serve this!!

    Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh my...just made this last night and it was incredibly delicious. My kids told me it smelled sooo good while it was cooking that they wanted some. Never told them it had pumpkin in it :) Tripled the recipe and there was nothing left over.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oooooh! Yum! I made this yesterday and loved it! I hope to make it as a treat for my co-workers sometime this week. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Oh.My. Gosh. I just made this and I ain't sharing it. It is a little piece of heaven in a cup.

    Decaf probably wouldn't be bad right before bed, either.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I made this today in my little dipper and it was delicious!!! Such a nice change from my regular coffee without having to spend a fortune. :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. I've got this one cooking away in the crockpot right now. I really need something...after cleaning up after a sick kiddo. Hopefully this will cheer me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Anonymous10/21/2008

    I made a double batch of these today for my ladies Bible study group and there were a huge hit!!! Everyone loved them so much that they were gone before my hubby got to try them. I will be making a quadruple batch on Thursday for a harvest party. Yeah for Steph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. This will quickly become a favorite for Thanksgiving morning.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Oh, this sounds so yummy! And a great way to use canned pumpkin besides the obvious pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  65. For those who were asking about making it as Hot Chocolate, the answer is YES! I loved the idea, and tried it this evening.

    --2-1/2 cups milk
    --2 T canned pumpkin
    --2 T white sugar
    --2 T vanilla
    --1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 TBSP cocoa powder

    Follow the directions as otherwise stated. It was yummy! I'd bet it would be good as a chai tea, too

    ReplyDelete
  66. I made this for breakfast and it was a 2 for 1 deal: I got delicious coffee and a house that smelled better than a candle :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Ooooooooh I'm so glad you tried this & liked it because now I'm absolutely going to try it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Ok.. I have to say it. I love you!

    I was just staring that this huge can of pumpkin I have in my cabinet wondering what in the world I was going to do with it.

    Three hours later I came across this...

    You are brilliant! I am making this now.. tonight.. for my kiddos and I to enjoy on this chilly Colorado day!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Anonymous10/26/2008

    I tried the pumpkin spice latte over the weekend-- it was delicious. I planned on sharing it with my husband but shamefully drank the whole batch. This recipe should be doubled or tripled!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I made this for my department at work today and they were a hit! Thank you so much--I love your site!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. This looks wonderful!! Thank you for sharing. I will definitely be back to see more of your year in crockpot cooking.

    Also, I have a pumpkin cookie recipe that we really like--http://whatwouldmarthacook.blogspot.com/2008/10/pumpkin-cookies.html

    Perhaps you will like them, too!

    God Bless!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow! This is amazing. I'm gonna make this for a get together tomorrow night.

    I made ribs in the crockpot this week and they were awesome and tender! :-) Glad I foung your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Anonymous11/02/2008

    Ooh! Leaving for the store now to get milk for this!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow - I gotta pick up a crock pot at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I definitely think I'm going to try this. I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

    ReplyDelete
  76. yummy, I love these but never thought to do them in the crock pot.

    And yes cinnamon sticks can be reused a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Oh my goodness. I LOVE pumpkin and this sounds absolutely wonderful. I'll try it tommorrow and would love a recipe for the rest of the pumpkin (OR I could just make a ton of lattes and drink them all.) Maybe a pumpkin pudding instead.

    ReplyDelete
  78. sounds delish...do you think it'd work w/splenda?

    ReplyDelete
  79. Anonymous11/21/2008

    THis sounds wonderful.

    Can you use instant coffee? I can't make good coffee to save my life.

    Thanks & I LOVE your blog! I'm making the Pecan Sweet Potaotes for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Anonymous11/29/2008

    This is absolutely wonderful - thank you so much for the recipe! Sipping on some right now.

    If you can concoct a gingerbread latte recipe for us, you'll have my undying gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I made this for my Christmas party and it was a hit! A great hot drink option for a cold night and it's so Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Anonymous1/02/2009

    OH MY GOODNESS!! I just made this today...I am sipping on it right now..I only wish I had doubled the recipe. This is SO good! Thank you! Next to try is the gingerbread latte.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thank you! I just made a triple batch of this tonight. I left out the coffee so my husband could drink it and also because I love Pumkpin Spice Steamers. Oh. My. Goodness. It is GORGEOUS.

    I used a half C. of pumpkin for a triple batch because that's what I had left over in the can and I figured, (with some risk), that if a little pumpkin is good, more is better :)

    It tastes SO creamy even though I used fat free milk. I am taking most of it to work tomorrow and the beauty of it is, people can add coffee to it if they like.

    Thanks again. I can't wait to check out your other recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I'm drinking this now. It's yummy! Thanks for this recipe. BTW- I know this is the crockpot blog, but I just whipped it up in the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Would soy milk work? I want to make this right now! I love, love, love PSLs!

    ReplyDelete
  86. hi there, yup, soy would work just fine. Since it's naturally sweet, I'd tread lightly on the sugar. You can always add more to taste later.

    xoxo steph

    ReplyDelete
  87. This does sound fun!! I remember enjoying these last year (my dau's hubby manages the local Starbucks, so she gets a bit of a discount :)

    Recently I found a delightful recipe for Pumpkin SMOOTHIEs & had to make two the
    first day!!
    http://vestellasvale.blogspot.com/2009/10/creamy-broccoli-soup.html

    I made mine with delicata squash, which I'd baked ~ 30 min in the oven with other veggies (seperate dishes) & it worked GREAT! So think of winter squash as an option in this recipe as well.

    I'm a great fan of coconut milk & used it in the smoothie (fab for anyone who's gone gluten free, as it promotes thyroid health, which may be depressed with gluten & candida problems!)
    Also added frozen blueberries, which just made it better!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Yum! I bookmarked this until I have some pumpkin on hand. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Anonymous11/09/2009

    how can i make this enough for 16 people? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Hi anon, it serves 2 with a bit extra, so for 16, you'll need to multiply the quantities by 8. Use a 6.5 quart or larger slow cooker.

    --steph

    ReplyDelete
  91. Anonymous11/11/2009

    my daughter loves to drink my *$s pumpkins spice but i think it's a bit much for a 7 year old! i made this recipe without the coffee and she inhaled it. great job! i have just been turned on to your site recently and absolutely love it. thanks for taking the time for doing this work!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wonderful! I have a ladies meeting in my home today (here in Ukraine) and I wanted something special for them. I found your recipe and it is really nice!. Nothing like introducing a new drink to the ladies here -- Pumpkin Spioe Latte drink. I know they are going to be excited and I will have to make copies of the recipe for everyone!
    Thanks for sharing
    Judy Van Sant (Missionary in Ukraine)

    ReplyDelete
  93. I made these the other day and OH MY WORD are they yummy!! I'm making another batch right now. Thanks for the great, affordable recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  94. I made a huge vat of these (4.5 times the recipe) for thanksgiving, and they were a huge hit. And it was so nice to have them sitting hot in the slow cooker... some people drank them when they arrived, while others had them with dessert. They were still perfectly hot and nice by the end of the evening, and I didn't have to fuss with making coffee after dinner!

    I think I'll try the peppermint mocha lattes for our Christmas Eve get-together- I *love* the idea of using the slow cooker for hot drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Thank you Thank you for this recipe! In addition to being dairy free, I can't have soy anymore either, which means no more Starbucks and my heart is broken! Now I can make them at home with a safe milk alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  96. thanks so much! i recently got your book and only found this recipe online by looking for a way to save money and make my autumn latte at home! i did it sans-crockpot; just put it in a pot on the stove, poured the coffee in- reduced everything by half and it is delish! i am gona try putting in two T of pumpkin next time to see how "pumpkin-y" it makes it! from the pumpkin capital of the world. half moon bay; thank you!-paula

    ReplyDelete
  97. YUM!!! This looks spectacular. I cannot wait to try - love your blog too! As soon as this comment posts, I will be your newest follower!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  98. I just made these and loved them! I actually went out and treated myself to the purchase of a 1.5 quart crock pot. Then, I got really clever and premade the pumpkin spice mix and froze it neat little 2 T portions in an ice cube tray. Voila! Now I can whip these up for my afternoon, woo-hoo-the-kids-are-napping treat! Thank you for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  99. BrandiG.10/26/2010

    So just the other day I tried SB for the 1st time and had the Pumpkin Spice Latte & fell in love with it! I'm not really a coffee drinker, so I was pretty hesitant. No sooner than I finished my cup I was searching online for a recipe and thankfully I found yours and it's sitting in a huge mug right in front of me now :D Delicious! Sorry couldn't wait for the crockpot today so I made it on the stove. Will definitely be using the crockpot to make a bigger batch for Thanksgiving though. Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Jennifer D1/23/2011

    I just started reading your blog and tried this yesterday and wow, what a treat!!!! Seriously, just as good or better than Starbucks for pennies! I am excited to try some more of your recipes this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Amy G.7/30/2011

    Starting to think about fall lattes...this looks fantastic! Has anyone tried making a large batch and keeping in the refrigerator to reheat servings over the week?? How long does it last in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete
  102. I love this recipe and make it often! Amy G., I quadruple it all the time and store in fridge. I would go by the date on your milk carton....IF it lasts that long!

    ReplyDelete
  103. holy smokes, 102 comments? insanity! thanks for leaving this link in my comments-i would love to try it...tho i'm not a cooker of any sort. this might be something i could do...maybe? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Markie9/21/2011

    I was in Starbucks today and saw this advertised as I was sipping my hot chocolate. I'll have to try it soon. I'd love to serve this to 50 or more guests if it's as good as everyone says. Anyone know how to make huge batches of the wonderful spiced pumpkin drink??? It could be a lot of fun for everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  105. Made the Pumpkin Latte's this morning (used the stove top). Excellent! Topped with a little homemade whipped cream. I believe this will be on the Thanksgiving menu! Thank you...love the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  106. This is delicious!

    Because I love using fresh ingredients, especially when they are in season, I ended up using fresh pumpkin puree. Since the taste of fresh pumpkin is a little weaker (almost feels like a watered down version of the can stuff), I ended up using three times the amount of pumpkin in the recipe. It turned out great, but I could have still used a little more, since I really enjoy the taste of pumpkin!). Will definitely make again!

    ReplyDelete
  107. I'd love to take one of these into work with me... but I'm not someone who can get up 2 hours early to plug in my crockpot so it will be ready! Can I make a batch ahead of time (i.e. the night before) and just warm it up in the morning? Will the ingredients settle out?

    Thanks for the advice! LOOOOOOVE your recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  108. Rebecca Kipe10/21/2011

    FYI, you can freeze left over pumpkin puree, i do it all the time. Just put it in a freezer bag and label with the amount so you know what to use it in the next time. I often have a couple 1/2 cups of pumpkin in the freezer and then pull them out for bread or pancakes etc. making this coffee tomorrow for the adults at my boys' bday party.

    ReplyDelete
  109. I just found you! I'm SO excited! I have a toddler and am busy but love to cook delicious and homemade! I'm going to try this recipe today!
    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  110. Anonymous10/26/2011

    I just discovered your blog yesterday and want to say a HUGE THANK YOU!!! This website is fantastic and I can't wait to try your recipes! You ROCK! :)
    - Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  111. YUM! We loved this! It is our new fall have to have at home on weekends! My tween said it tastes just like Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Anonymous10/30/2011

    "Sounds Yummy! And sooo much cheeper than t he coffee house! My son who is 6 LOVES coffee and this will be a wonderful treat for him. Thanks for another great idea!"

    Why are you giving your 6 year old coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  113. I wonder if you can measure out the 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin and freeze it in an ice cube tray for further use of lattes? This recipe sounds so delicious, going to try it soon! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  114. a question8/28/2012


    Ok just so I dont mess this up,

    --1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger

    Does this mean if I use the 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice I wont need everything listed under OR?

    ReplyDelete
  115. Hi there,
    yes! that's exactly what I mean. If you've got the spice mix in the house, use that. otherwise, use the other ingredients.
    enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  116. So i've tried this recipe as the original from that halloween book. haven't tried your crockpot version because i just am now looking through your blog. but i just wanted to share that you posted this on my birthday and i love pumpkin and coffee, so this is all lovely for me lol.

    ReplyDelete